City Recorder - Teresa Harris
The City Recorder is a statutory position, an appointed officer required by state law in a City of the Second Class. The Recorder is the keeper of the community archives and is responsible for the preservation and management of official records. Duties include keeping the proceedings of meetings, public hearings, and formal actions of the Municipal Council, as well as managing and preserving the official records and papers of the City, including cemetery records. The Recorder administers oaths and acts as a public notary. The Recorder is also the City Election Officer, coordinating municipal elections which are held during odd-number years.
What is in the City Archives?
- Minutes of the City Council from 1866-present.
- Ordinances (laws) adopted by elected officials from 1866-present.
- Resolutions (formal policy statements) adopted by elected officials.
- Copies of city ordinance (code) books.
- Records pertaining to Logan municipal elections.
- City contracts and agreements.
- Logan cemetery ownership and transfer records.